From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2019 14:50:51 +0200
Dear NCSG-ers,

I know we are all very busy wit a lot of things that we need to
address and comment on (the EPDP zero report being one of them),
but we also have the opportunity to comment on the yet-one-step-
closer-to-final final report of the Auction Proceeds CCWG.

At this point the comments should focus on the changes since
the last comment round.

Changes involve the creation of an Independent Applications
Evaluation Panel (under 5.1.), discussion about appeals mechanisms
(5.2.), creation of an Auction Proceeds Program Review Panel
(APPRP) with up to two members from each SO/AC plus up to four
external experts and an Auction Proceeds Program Assessment
Panel (APPAP) chartered by the ICANN Board Organizational
Effectiveness Committee (OEC) (5.4.).

We also need to decide if we still want one more public comment
period - it would be restricted to the new changes.

On September 20, the indicative survey to rank the mechanisms
will be launched - I assume we are still supporting mechanism
C (new charitable structure separate from ICANN) despite it
being the one receiving the least support in the CCWG of the
3 remaining mechanisms.

	Julf