From:
Michael Casadevall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Casadevall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2019 19:01:57 -0500
I've done a fair bit of talking and research with DoH. To summarize,
the problem is it removes the distributed part of the domain name
system by basically drastically reducing the number of resolvers in
use. That in and of itself might be acceptable if DoH (and DoT)
bothered to fix some of the more fundamental flaws of DNS security
instead of slapping on a level of encryption and going "yeah that's
good".

It also marries all the pain of the WebPKI to the DNS ecosystem, when
the former depends on the latter to check revocation information
through AIA/OCSP/CRLs.
Michael