From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 16:02:32 +0300
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 07:53:16AM -0500, Carlos Vera ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> May I suggest also: There are people who, because of obvious
> conflict of interest, (users and employees or representatives of
> organizations with real or potential conflict) should refrain from
> work on this topic, letting the community decide the best about the
> fair way to participate.

The EC can and should consider such issues when approving new members
and they could also be a reason for removing members (again ECs task).

Having something about it in the member removal procedures might be
a good idea (I seem to recall last draft I saw indeed had something,
but don't remember how detailed).

> Can we know how many people are in these conditions, to determine if
> it is a representative number and how it can influence related
> decisions?

No easy or comprehensive way to do it I'm afraid. There's no way
in general to know people's memberships in other organizations
(even asking about it too generally would probably be illegal).
But whenever it becomes apparent, EC can act on it.

--
Tapani Tarvainen