Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
NCSG-Discuss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2024 07:25:01 +0200
From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Pedro,

> Reviews: The Board Organizational Effectiveness Committee will
> facilitate a discussion on two pending recommendations from the second
> Organizational Review of the Nominating Committee (NomCom): NomCom
> appointments of "Unaffiliated" Board Directors *_and the rebalancing of
> the NomCom_*. Each of these topics /has/ significant governance
> implications for ICANN. The aim of this discussion is to find suitable
> channels within the Board to further progress the discussion of these
> remaining topics.

That does indeed give some hope. We have met with Katrina (chair of
OEC) and Chris. They totally understand our grievances, but until
now have given the "but it has to be supported by the community"
line. We will continue discussions, but meanwhile we need to get
more of the community to support us. At the same time, we need
to be careful not to trigger a "all you noncommercials seem
to care about is your own power and position" response.

	Julf