From:
Arsène Tungali <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arsène Tungali <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2018 18:11:45 +0200
I read the comment and i think it is great one. My apologies for
missing the PC call today.

Regarding Ayden's questions:
- I think Julf said it too. I agree with him that we should leave
these funds outside of the ICANN constituencies or SG since these can
be funded through ICANN's budget. But i don't think this implies that
ICANN individual community members leading charitable organizations
cannot apply for funding from the auction. Does it?

- Though I agree with the reason Ayden mentioned, but i think option B
is what I would go for since this will, i suppose, cost less money and
time (admin fees, setting up a foundation, etc) than it would if we
have to set up a completely separate mechanism.

Option B also has the potential to help these funds be well managed
based on the experience/expertise of the mechanism (existing org) in
these matters rather than relying on the brand new mechanism with no
record. I haven't read the WG report so i am not sure what are the
rationales they gave when suggesting Option A and B.

Thanks,
Arsene

--
------------------------