From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2019 15:32:18 +0000
Hi,

> On Dec 4, 2019, at 5:24 PM, Ayden Férdeline <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> This letter is not about halting the sale; it is about preventing the transfer of the Registry Agreements for .ORG, .NGO, and .ONG to Ethos Capital. The decision to sell PIR's assets is indeed a matter for ISOC to decide. If this is not clear please feel free to edit the letter to make this distinction more evident. Thanks!

Nobody (to my knowledge) has suggested that a transfer of the Registry Agreements to Ethos will take place. This would make Ethos the Contracted Party, but by all accounts I’ve seen, they will still remain with PIR.

But yes…, I do agree that this might qualify as an indirect change of control.

The way that the letter is currently worded suggests that the NCSG will ask the ICANN Board to terminate PIR’s Registry Agreements, and transfer them to another entity.

Thanks.

Amr