From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2020 20:50:11 +0000
Hi,

Comments in-line below:

> On May 21, 2020, at 7:33 PM, Tatiana Tropina <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I want to nominate Elsa Saade, who is eligible for re-election, for the second term on the GNSO Council.
>
> I have been working with Elisa on the Council for 2 years now, and I have to say: it's hard to imagine the Council without her now. She did everything to represent the NCSG interests -- from the first day, she has been one of the most vocal councillors not only among NCSG councillors but among the entire Council.

I believe that this is all true. Elsa and Tatiana have both been key to NCSG representation on the GNSO Council over the past few years. What’s more is that they listen to to members engaged in policy development work, and effectively advocate for non-commercial interests based on what they hear. Very recently, both Elsa and Tatiana were key in making sure the GNSO Council made the right decision regarding a very contentious scoping issue of the EPDP on the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data. Elsa has also previously served as the GNSO Council liaison to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP, providing the GNSO Council and the NCSG with updates on matters concerning this very important PDP.

> You already elected her to represent NCSG two years ago, and I can assert that it was a great choice! I hope she can continue all the work she has been doing so far and get re-elected for the second term.

Agree again. Elsa’s been a worker on the GNSO Council, and was never shy or timid, even when she was a still a newbie. She doesn’t just sit back and watch the GNSO be managed by other Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies. Her time on Council is spent doing real advocacy on our behalf.

What’s more is that with the string of 3 recent resignations of our Council representatives over the past year, and Rafik Dammak being term-limited and scheduled to leave the GNSO Council in October, NCSG representation on the Council is light on experienced representatives. Elsa is now one of our more senior Council representatives. If we lose her, that’d be a big chunk of our capacity to effectively influence Council decisions being swept away.

> Elsa, I hope you accept this nomination!

In case it isn’t obvious yet, so do I. :-) I also hope that if she does accept the nomination; that our members will show the confidence in her that I believe she deserves, and vote for her.

Thanks.

Amr