From:
Robin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2020 12:13:23 -0700
NCSG Members:

I want to clarify a few issues in advance regarding the current NCSG election.

1.  We have 4 GNSO Council seats up for election.  The top 3 vote getters will receive a full two-year term.  The 4th place vote getter will only be for a one-year term because it is filling a seat vacated mid-term.  This is subject to paragraph 2 below.

2.  Regarding the gender diversity rule for the GNSO Council, the NCSG Charter provides that “in no circumstance should there be fewer than two members of any gender.”  As Tatiana is presently our only continuing female member, candidate Stephanie will automatically be elected to the GNSO Council regardless of how many votes she receives because we are required to have at least two female Council members under our charter.  So the gender rule, trumps the number of votes earned in terms of winning a seat.  This means that Stephanie + the top 3 vote getters from the other candidates will be elected to Council.

3.  Our regional diversity rules should not be a factor in this election, however, because no more than two members would be declared resident of the same geographic region.

I hope this can help to make the election process more clear to everyone.  Thank you.

All best,
Robin