From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2023 09:28:58 +0200
Here is my candidate statement.

I am Julf (Johan) Helsingius, Finnish citizen resident in the
Netherlands (so my region is Europe), male and currently employed
as chairman of the board at IoT service provider BaseN.

As far as I know, I don't have any conflict of interest, but
in the spirit of transparency I am currently serving as the
chair for the Finnish Internet Association (the ISOC chapter in
Finland), and co-chair for the RIPE cooperation working group.

I am now serving my first term as NCSG chair, but the pile of
unfinished stuff is still pretty high, so I would be happy to
serve for a second term, so I can with good conscience say
what every chair should be able to say - "I left the NCSG
in slightly better shape than how it was when I started".

As to qualifications, i am not going to list my CV, but I have
served as chair, board member or CEO for many organisations,
both commercial and non-commercial, and my privacy activism
and strong belief in human rights is pretty well known.

As my employment is part-time these days, I have the time required.

Happy to answer any questions.

	Julf