From:
James Gannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Gannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2020 00:08:39 +0000
Very happy to second David here, he would be a great asset to us on Council and has my full support.

---

James Gannon

On 01.06.20, 01:01, "NCSG-Discuss on behalf of David Cake" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    	After considering the circumstances of this extraordinary election and the re-opening of nominations, and discussion with some trusted colleagues, I have decided to nominate for GNSO Council.

    I have previously been a GNSO councillor for 4 years, from 2013 to 2016, and was council vice-chair from 2014-2015. I have also significant experience with the GNSO policy development process, including forming part of the leadership team for a major PDP, and being an active member of several more. I am currently an alternate representing the NCSG in the EPDP.

    I believe I have previously demonstrated a strong knowledge of policy development issues, the ability to be an effective councillor, the commitment to do the work during policy processes and for council, and a commitment to representing both NCSG and the GNSO as a strong active advocate.

    I am from the Asia-Pacific region, which is currently not represented on the council. I have no commitments in ICANN outside the GNSO (or other than the EPDP alternate role). I am able to commit the time (generally several hours a week, plus three+ meetings a year) that the role requires.

    I am an individual member of NCUC and NCSG. I have had roles on both the EC of NCUC (and briefly served as Chair in 2013) and of NPOC, and have good relationships with both constituencies.

    On a personal note, I have had some personal and work issues in recent years that have, at times, made it difficult to give ICANN issues the full focus they deserve. I am confident that those issues are resolved, and that I would be able to serve as a strong and fully engaged representative on council, and I am enthused to do so.

    Sincerely

    David