From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2023 13:38:53 -0500
Dear NomCom members,

For years, we have been bringing up the imbalance in the Nominating
COmmittee composition where all of the non-commercial community
(NCSG, NPOC and NCUC) only have one representative, while the
commercial stakeholder group has 4 (ISPC, IPC, "small businesses"
and "large business") and ALAC has 5.

Now that the bylaws regarding the NomCom are being changed, there is
an opportunity to revisit this. Fortunately the Board has listened
to our concerns. I have received a letter from Tripti Sinha,
ICANN board chair, asking for our answers to some specific
questions. This letter has been sent to all AC and SO constituencies
represented in the NomCom. For some reason the letter to me
is not yet visible on the ICANN correspondence page, but here is
the one sent to APRALO:

https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/sinha-to-choudhury-26apr23-en.pdf

We are putting together a team to draft answers, led by Stephanie
Perrin, but we are hoping for help and input from the whole
membership.

	Julf