From:
Kathy Kleiman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Kleiman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2024 14:53:55 -0400
I further echo Stephanie's deep concerns about the Council SubPro Small
Team Plus. The original purpose was to help the Board understand the
policies developed by the Community (in this case, with broad support)
and seek acceptance. But currently, on singulars/plurals, there is
almost a wholesale redrafting of goals and objectives, winners and
losers - and some in further backrooms with even more limited
participation.

Overall, agree with Stephanie, Julf, Pedro, Farzi, All, that Councilors
must retain the right to show that something went wrong in a PDP
process, that laws changed (like GDPR with privacy), that fundamental
considerations were missing or misevaluated in a PDP process (if it
truly were). This review will keep the pressure on policy development
processes to be thorough, balanced, and as fair as possible.

And never should this "aspirational commitment" extend to the backrooms
of the new "small teams."  Council small teams, by their own agreement,
are merely advisory to the GNSO Council. What they say should always be
carefully examined by Council for the fairness, balance, wisdom, and
fullness of review (or not) of this expedited "shortcut."

Tx for sharing, Stephanie, and strong support!  May all of our NCSG
speak out for objections of conscience and deep concern.

Best, Kathy

--
Kathy Kleiman
Past President, Domain Name Rights Coalition