From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2024 20:30:46 +0200
Thank you for the useful information, Remmy,

> The final recommendations were made including our desire to increase and
> re-balance the slots and were submitted to the ICANN board and it did
> not sail through as expected. (Raoul Plommer can also add a voice here)

I am, like Pedro, a bit confused about this - did the team actually
recommend re-balancing, but the board removed it, or did the team
decide to remove the recommendation from the final version that
went to the board?

> On the call for term duration, I would advise that current appointees
> have 1 additional year, since that would mean they are not returning and
> must have availed some ‘knowledge transfer’ on the new or incoming
> appointees before their final exit thereafter.

That would be the sensible thing to do, yes, but that doesn't seem
to be what the recommendation says.

	Julf