From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2022 17:51:01 +0300
On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 07:10:22AM -0700, farzaneh badii ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> The meeting with the CEO was on June 1st I believe.

As you might have noticed, my message was sent on May 19. Determining
why it took so long to get to the list would be an interesting task of
computer forensics, but perhaps not relevant here. Anyway, the problem
persists, and it's not new as you say:

> But I have opinions about visas (as you know). people who have visa issues
> have been raising the problems and even provided some solutions since
> forever. We put all of them here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bKGEtdLkwAyPTcPtR9WqzH2wmW-pZmhhZfUWgejeKEU/edit

> Nothing has changed.

I would argue that things have changed to the worse. In particular the
45-day rule and increased strictness in making exceptions has worsened
the problem. A small change, perhaps.

> If this is about travel substitution, why make it about visa. Substitution
> can’t take place sometimes when people face a personal problem etc. just
> ask for substitution to be easier.

It might be interesting to ask why they were made harder in the first place.

But nonetheless it gives a good opportunity to highlight why such rules
often have discriminatory side-effects. Everybody can have personal
problems, but visa problems vary a lot depending on where you're from.

--
Tapani Tarvainen