From:
Andrea Glandon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrea Glandon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2022 17:49:14 +0000
Hello all,

Please find below additional information regarding the question of what happens if a community member tests positive for COVID during the meeting:

WHAT ICANN WILL PROVIDE FOR ICANN FUNDED TRAVELERS ATTENDING ICANN75:

COVID-19 TESTING

ICANN recommends that all Funded Travelers obtain a pre-departure test to help avoid a situation where Funded Travelers arrive in Kuala Lumpur with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.

The results of these tests do not need to be shared with ICANN; they are for the assurance of the Funded Traveler.

ICANN does not mandate the type of test the Funded Traveler should take pre-departure, and if the Funded Traveler has access to and is able to self-administer an at-home test, such testing is encouraged.

If at-home tests are not available, ICANN will reimburse a maximum of USD$100 for the Funded Traveler to obtain a medically supervised test.

If the pre-departure test is positive for COVID-19, the Funded Traveler shall not travel to ICANN75 and should contact ICANN for further information.

ICANN will provide free (six) at-home COVID-19 tests during registration check-in that can be used as needed.

ICANN will pay for a COVID-19 test if required to support a proof of a negative result for their return travel.

If a COVID-19 test is required to enter the country of the meeting to show proof of a negative test result, ICANN will reimburse a maximum of $100 USD.

SUPPORT AFTER COVID-19 EXPOSURE, SYMPTOMS, POSITIVE TEST DURING EVENT

Facilitate airline reservation updates (if airfare was part of travel support already provided) and cover the cost of updates for airline reservations, if need for modification is documented.

Facilitate hotel reservations/make accommodations on behalf of the funded traveler (if hotel accommodations are part of the travel support already provided). Cover the cost of hotel reservation extensions for the properly documented duration.

Coverage or reimbursement of meal costs during time of documented adherence to locally mandated isolation or quarantine due to positive COVID-19 tests.  (Does not include mandated quarantine or isolation upon returning home)

ACCEPTABLE REIMBURSEMENTS:

Medical grade masks purchased prior to travel (up to $15 USD MAX).

Required vaccination to enter the country, i.e, COVID-19 vaccine.

WHAT ICANN WILL NOT PROVIDE:

Health and Medical Travel Insurance

Costs related to a mandated quarantine-upon-entry upon return home (hotel, lost wages, etc.)

Per Diem or Stipend when participating virtually

Hotel accommodations in local city when participating virtually

https://75.schedule.icann.org/funded-travel-summary

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Andrea