Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2023 14:02:28 -0500
I agree with Julf.  I used to be on this group over a year ago but had to withdraw due to workload issues.  I feel very strongly that failure to disclose conflict of interest issues while participating in policy development is one of the MS model’s biggest weaknesses. Because of the inordinate power of some players in the IT/DNS/IP ecosystem, the ability of legal counsel to act for a given party whilst not disclosing that relationship could put us in a position of having several WG members actually working for the interests of one company.   That fact needs to be disclosed.  We need, perhaps, to have escrowed disclosure of clients in such circumstances (eg only the Chair of the Chartering WG would know the client names) to ensure fair and equitable representation of interests on the group.
I will take a look at the exemption language and see if I can come up with something.
Stephanie Perrin

Sent from my iPhone