From:
Timothe Litt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Timothe Litt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2013 19:39:48 -0400
On 05-May-13 18:10, Robin Gross wrote:
> Another reminder that anyone who wishes to contribute to NCSG policymaking should have filed a recent Statement of Interest with ICANN ("recent" = in the last year or sooner if material change).
>
> Here's the link for creating and maintaining GNSO Member Statements of Interests:
>    https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/New+SOIs
>
> Thanks,
> Robin

I must have missed this requirement, other than it being required of
those running for elected office in NCSG/NCUC or seeking appointment as
representatives to other parts of ICANN.

What, exactly does "contribute to NCSG policymaking" mean?  Being a
member of NCSG?  Does participating in the discussions on this list rise
to the level of requiring one?  Or does this apply only to those who
participate in extra-NCSG forums?  Or what is the threshold?

Being curious, I followed the link.  It requires an ID and password to
create an SOI, but does not indicate how to obtain one.

I looked at one that had been filed, and it seems to largely duplicate
questions from the membership application.

Timothe Litt
ACM Distinguished Engineer
if any, on the matters discussed.