From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2014 08:01:17 +0100
From: Jonathan Robinson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 21 June 2014 16:54
To: Theresa Swinehart ([log in to unmask])
Cc: Diana Middleton ([log in to unmask]); [log in to unmask];
Cassia Oliveira ([log in to unmask])
Subject: Meeting with the GNSO

Hello Theresa,

The Council has today discussed our planned meetings with you, Fadi, the
GDD and the ICANN Board tomorrow.

We will be meeting with you first, immediately ahead of our meeting with
Fadi.

What we would like to cover with you is a discussion on NTIA Stewardship
Transition, ICANN Accountability and the Strategy Panels.

We are happy to have any of your remarks, updates or points on the
current status of these key areas you have taken responsibility for.

Some specific questions / points were raised in relation to these and
the points are laid out in bullet format below.

·         NTIA Stewardship

o   Why was the GNSO Comment on a Cross Community acknowledged or
responded to?

o   Apparently a deliberate oversight?

o   Also what about scope? No response to the comments on scope?
Note: Most scope comments indicated accountability as essential and linked

o   Key changes have been made to the work BUT if scope is limited, they
are of limited value.

·         Accountability

o   Interdependency with transition is key

o   Community wide belief in robust accountability needed ahead of NTIA
transition

o   If not interdependent / why not?

·         Strategy Panels

o   Top-down / imposed panels.

o   Staff free to dip in and out of these as they please and are doing so
Noting that some material (being re-used) is not accurate.

o   No normal public comment

o   The significant investment in this

Thank-you for agreeing to meet with us and for considering this detail.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

--------