From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2016 11:44:00 -0400
Hi,

Missed the candidate meeting yesterday because of a conflict and have
not had a chance to listen to the recording yet.

But from what I have heard since, these seem like good ideas.  Common
sense ideas even.

One point on electing a PC chair. It does not need to be a council
member.  Just needs to be a PC member.  Given that we only have 2
constituencies, that means there are a pool of 4 other people for the PC
members to chose from. I do think it has been tried in the past, but
with the same results. PC has occasionally been adequately led by a vice
chair or such, but that only happened after a dearth of leadership from
a chair.

And I continue to believe that the reason the monthly policy meetings
have not worked is because the PC members, especially the council
members, do not make participating a priority - no knock against the
current members, over the years, the members never have. I think this
may also be part of the problem with the PC.  While most of them make
attending the council meetings a prority, and many of them make
participating in Council groups and WGs a priority, few make the PC a
priority.

avri

---