From:
Shane Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shane Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 09:22:34 +0100
Matthew,

Authentication and differentiated access is the main difference as far
as privacy.

Cons:
* Authenticated users can have their queries tracked.

Pros:
* Can easily provide private information only to specific users.o
* Authenticated users can have their queries tracked. (This is  a pro
  because it means that, for example, if police decide to start
  collecting people's home addresses then it is not done via an
  anonymous account.)

Really, I think that's about it. All of the difficulty is going to be
in the details of how the policies are designed and implemented.

I'm not sure the NCUC necessarily needs to have an opinion about the
technology itself, and can happily wait and weigh in on the parts that
matter to us.

Cheers,

--
Shane