From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:09:41 +0200
On 11 Nov 2009, at 12:43, Fouad Bajwa wrote:

> By
> the way, what is the process of setting up new constituencies under
> the NCSG charter? Can you point me to the documents?

These have yet to be created - they are on the NCSG-EC's lists of work
items - then they will need to be reviewed by all - so it will be a bit.

But having said that, the first step will probably be the creation of
interest groups.  While waiting for criteria, things that i imagine
would help in the creation of any interest group (that may or may not
end up needing/wanting to become a constituency depending on final
NCSG charter negotiations) would be things like:

- find ncuc/ncsg members who are interested - and if they aren't
members yet - get them to join
- create a mailing list (perhaps using the ning capabilities or
elsewise)
- use the mailing lists and whatever to start having substantive
discussions and ideas/recommendations for GTLD policy
- start responding to GNSO comment periods with coherent statements
that come from the interest group and it perspective
- join WGs and become active contributing members of the GNSO
community from the development (or other interest) perspective

There may end up being a few process and bureaucratic steps lke
charter writing etc. that may creep in later for the formation of
interest-groups/constituencies, but becomeing a defacto presence in
the GNSO community seems to me, personally, to be a necessary step in
the process.

a.