From:
Jeremy Malcolm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Malcolm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 11:07:01 +0800
On 12 Apr 2014, at 12:05 am, Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Bestbits is a aggregate of Civil society groups that has been 'working
> together' for a few years.  Its policy is to develop statements and then
> see who signs on.  Bestbits itself rarely signs anything itself unless
> it is created at a face to face session, which is usuallly held before a
> meeting.  In fact I think they are one of the groups sponsiring the CS
> mtg the day before NetMundial.
>
> The steering group repsonsible is Jeremy Malcolm, Andrew Puddephatt,
> Deborah Brown, Anja Kovacs, Joana Varon Ferraz, Marianne Franklin,
> Nnenna Nwakanma and Valeria Betancourt.

And we've just announced a proposed process for election of the new steering committee members later this year.  So it's not a closed group, and we try to not be anonymous. :-)  Please join the mailing list if you are interested - http://lists.bestbits.net/info/bestbits.  We do also have a link with the NCSG through the civil society coordination group where a Best Bits representative (moi) sits along with Robin Gross for NCSG.

--
Jeremy Malcolm PhD LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet lawyer, ICT policy advocate, geek

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/pgp.