From:
"Andrew A. Adams" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew A. Adams
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:44:35 +0900
> Yes. There may be some funding for those from developing economies
> from time to time. But no regular notion of supported travellers and
> never any assistance for people from the global north. I used miles
> for travel and when I did not have hotel points enough, deficit
> financing with the help of credit cards.

> If selected again, I guess that is what I will continue to do.

> Be nice if there some rich foundation that funded such efforts, but by
> and large their money only goes to ngos.

This of course is why there is too little civil society engagement in such
expensive (for an individual) to fund processes such as these, and why even
when there is volume, it's not properly representative (there are "richer"
and "poorer" segments of civil society and the poorer ones pretty much get
left out entirely).

I'm reminded of an excellent "Scenes from a Multiverse" comic:

http://amultiverse.com/comic/2014/04/03/money-vs-people/

--
Professor Andrew A Adams                      [log in to unmask]
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and