From:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2015 17:23:27 -0500
I support your position Sam.  I am as disgusted as anybody about what is
going on in Morocco re free speech, but a protest within our agenda does
not really fit in the mandate of ICANN, and inflaming the high level
meeting of Ministers which will be going on simultaneously is IMHO not a
great idea tactically, and embarrassing the Moroccan government is a
certainty given the profile of that event.  Having a parallel event,
such as Akdeniz et al did in Turkey beside the IGF last year might be a
better solution.  We do not want to undo the good work of getting human
rights wording into the bylaws.
Stephanie Perrin