From:
Jorge Amodio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jorge Amodio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2012 22:01:23 -0600
> Just wondering if some one of you will come up with the same idea I'm
> thinking of. And - I do think that we should put something reasonable on the
> table. And I think that the problem can be solved and we can solve it -
> before they solve it for us.

A substantial amount of smart people have been working for ages around
the globe to reduce piracy and overall crime in meatspace, assuming
that a complex problem can be  solved just by legislation and not a
paradigm and business model change will be a bad start.

SOPA's approach is like trying to reduce crime in meatspace by
removing the street names from street signs.

IMHO there is no simple solution and for sure can't be done just by
legislation and law enforcement, much less when the process is biased
with campaign contributions.

-J