From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 09:47:33 +0300
[changed subject for clarity]

On Aug 19 17:57, Mueller, Milton L ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> So I’d like to see the candidates answer these questions;

I'm not sure if these were meant only for council candidates, but anyway:

> 1. Do you think that if the U.S. Congress blocks the transition in
> the next 6 weeks that it will be a disaster for the multistakeholder
> model of Internet governance? Why or why not?

It would be very bad in general, as well as for the MS model as
the transition plan is a product of the MS model.

> 2. Are you actively supporting the Heritage Foundation’s (and other
> rightwing groups’) efforts to mobilize Congressional Republicans to
> block the transition?

Without being privy to Heritage's activities, I'm definitely not
supporting any such efforts by anybody.

> 3. How do you think we as a SG should respond if the transition is
> blocked by the U.S. Congress?

At this point that would require something so unexpected that it
is not possible to make any concrete plan of response. It would
depend on how it'd actually happen.

I really don't see it happening now, though, and thus don't see
the point of spending much time in planning a response either.

--
Tapani Tarvainen