From:
David Post <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Post <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:10:29 -0400
At 10:37 PM 8/10/2015, Paul Rosenzweig wrote:
>I would like to suggest that the single most
>critical aspect that the NCSG could comment on
>(and on which I plan to comment independently)
>is the one that has already been raised on this
>list by Milton – that is the ambiguity as to the
>role of governments in the reformed ICANN.  My own view is as follows:
>
>1)      If they wish, governments could
>participate as all other stakeholders do in the
>new community structure.  If they did that,
>however, they would lose the privileged status
>that their advice gets in board consideration. [SNIP]

Paul: can you explain that?  Why would
participating in the new community structure mean
that GAC would lose its privileged status?

David

David G Post - Senior Fellow, Open Technology Institute/New America Foundation
blog (Volokh Conspiracy) http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/david-post
book (Jefferson's Moose)  http://tinyurl.com/c327w2n
music http://tinyurl.com/davidpostmusic
publications etc.  http://www.davidpost.com