From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2016 17:23:40 +0300
Dear Marilia, Avri, all:

ICANN's rules about regions are indeed somewhat strange, but for now
we'll have to live by them. If we find them too burdensome we could
try to amend our charter, but that would be a long and probably not
easy process.

As per our charter each candidate should declare their region
themselves in their candidate statement, so presumably that would also
be the time that matters in case someone is transitioning during the
election process. In Marilia's case her description below indicates
she remains Brazilian by ICANN's rules anyway, so this is not an acute
consideration there.

--
Tapani Tarvainen