From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:06:09 -0400
Hi,

I find I do not share the same zeal others have for some of the points
on the joint statement list.  I wish it focused more on Scope and
Approval and less on varying formulas for building open community efforts.

I have lots of issues with what is written.  I agree with Adam in
thinking the claim that we have figured out how to do Cross Community
Working Groups (CCWG) is a bit premature.  Beyond what Adam has said, we
do not have a good method for initiating such a group. This one is Board
initiated; why is that so bad?  I think that while a working group (WG)
should have change control of their charter, starting with a draft
charter someone else prepares is ok.  And I think having the chartering
organization(s) approve the charter is also ok.  In this case, I would
recommend that the Supporting Organizations & Advisory Committees (SOAC)
& the Board can approve any charter, if they wish.  But CCWGs should be
the ones that have change control of their charters. I will possibly
send in an individual comment to that effect.  Others who have their own
points of view  should consider their own brief comments.

But I also see value in working with the other Supporting Organizations
& Advisory Committees (SOAC) & GNSO Stakeholder groups (SG).  Given that
the NCSG has not prepared its own comment, and has been working with the
rest of SOAC & SGs this far on statements, not doing so now is probably
a political statement we don't want to make. We should probably join the
rest of them in this too.

As time runs out today/tomorrow, I think we should sign on.

avri