From:
Chris Chiu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Chiu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:21:10 -0400
I'm disturbed by the terms of reference. It sounds as if the task force is actually designed to guarantee wholesale access to sensitive registrant information without calling it bulk access:

"The task force must ensure that groups such as law enforcement,
intellectual property, internet service providers, and consumers can
continue to retrieve information necessary to perform their functions.
In some cases this may require the provision of searching facilities
(e.g that can return more than one record in response to a query) as
well as look-up facilities (that only provide one record in response to
a query)."

"Privacy" is not even mentioned in the terms of reference!

Sincerely,
Christopher Chiu
Technology Policy Analyst
American Civil Liberties Union