From:
Shane Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shane Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2016 10:16:03 +0200
Edward,

At 2016-04-30 21:29:20 -0400
Edward Morris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Perhaps the most important public comment opportunity every year is
> our chance to post a comment on ICANN's budget and operating plan.
> This is our chance as representatives of the noncommercial community
> to ask for different spending priorities to be made, to question any
> and all aspects of ICANN's operations and to express our views on the
> functioning of  ICANN the corporation. The comment period for the
> fiscal year 2017 budget and operating plan ended last night. You can
> read the proposed budget and operating plan and all the comments
> received here:
>
> https://www.icann.org/public-comments/op-budget-fy17-five-year-2016-03-05-en .

[...]

>  I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone in the NCSG has
> on this years budget and operating plan, the Council response or on
> the budget process in general.

Thanks for posting this.

Is there some sort of organized approach that the NCSG would like us to
use to help review the document? It's 80 pages, and I certainly don't
have the time or expertise to usefully review everything in such a
document, but I would be happy to look over specific projects or
sections that I can actually meaningfully comment on (anything
technology-related for example).

Apologies if this is already being done by some folks somewhere. I am
still 98% ICANN-ignorant. ;)

Cheers,

--
Shane