From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 12:59:55 -0400
Hi,

On 18-Sep-14 12:05, Grace Mutung'u (Bomu) wrote:
> here here! She's the living fingertips and a resource for newbies
> On an unrelated issue, I heard that Avri will be serving in the newly
> formed IGF support forum. If I may ask, how is this different from MAG?
> Where does the new groups mandate end?
> Regards,

I was (s)elected as part of the inaugural executive committee of the
IGFSA, the Internet Governance Forum Support Association.

This is a group, initiated with a grant by the Internet Society to raise
money for the IGF (Internet Governance Forum) and for regional and
national IGF type efforts.  Since the IGF Trust only works for big
donors who negotiate a contract with the trust, this is mean for the
smaller contributions.  It is one of 2, as far as I know, such
fundraising efforts.  The other being one initiated by Google.

It is completely separate from the MAG, except perhaps for some of the
same people being on both.

We have only had one meeting so far and really have only gotten as far
as agreeing to open a bank account in Geneva and on fundraising goals
for the rest of this year and next year. I think we may have also
started some subcommittee people who want to fundraise and publicize
fundraising will be able to join, not exactly sure were wee are on that
yet. We have a whole lot to talk about, but have not really gotten
started yet.  For those who have seen discussion on other lists about
funding for travelers to IGF consultations, while that idea was brought
up, it has not been decided on.

The IGFSA has an open list
<https://elists.isoc.org/mailman/listinfo/igfsa> but it has not seen
much traffic yet.  It also has a closed executive committee list.  The
website is <http://www.igfsa.org/>

BTW, Subi Chaturvedi, also a member of NCSG is also a member of the
IGFSA Executive Committee.

As there is more to say, I will try to remember to say more.  Feel free
to ping me anytime, the bot will respond. ( :

avri