From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2016 15:30:34 -0400
Hi,

Studies show the online cooperative work, works best when there s
occasional F2F.  But we have lots of other F2F opportunities, especially
for the leaders sent to the intercessional. So it is not necessary in
this case.

On the other hand, if there is a meeting, I do not see the win for  NCSG
in boycotting the meeting.  I think that is a dangerous tactic.
Boycotting works, but only in extreme cases and very rarely - do it more
then once and people get used to you being absent.  So if we are going
to include boycott as a tactic, i think we should pick our occasion
carefully and not just because we don't feel like traveling to somewhere
or other.

Finally, on the issue about the GNSO being just about policy: I think it
is also about our self organization, our practices, our interactions
with the rest of ICANN, and our participation in the Enhanced Community.

avri

---