From:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:41:37 +0200
Hi Ed

Sorry but the back and forth is getting a little baroque so it's hard to see through it all in order to pinpoint the issue.  I’m taking the liberty of deleting pages of stuff in the hope we can sort this out concisely and clearly for everyone.

It seems there’s been a disconnect and that the normative expectation that Councilors communicate openly and transparently with each other and members about their thinking and upcoming voting on key issues didn’t happen in this case, at least not enough or presumably Milton wouldn't have asked and we wouldn’t be here.  So please help me out:

Could you please just state what position you enunciated on the transition to members and fellow Councilors in the lead up to the Marrakech meeting, as well as at the meeting?  Was it support for the transition now, in keeping with the collective process? Or was it more like the Heritage position of support for the transition at some unspecified future date under another US administration?  I alas can’t recall what you were advocating in advance and so was puzzled by what you appeared to be doing at the Marrakech Council meeting.  Please help me to understand, “just the facts” as they say, and then we can move on together?  If you have a URL or two to places where you laid this out, that’d be even better.

Thanks much!

Bill