From:
"Carlos A. Afonso" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carlos A. Afonso
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2013 09:42:51 -0300
Hi Rafik, no, I am not viewing this in the Bush-like black-and-white
perspective. Just mentioning major players does not mean I am not
considering that complexity. To the contrary, actually it is clear that
the revelations fuel the interests which in many countries are pressing
for more surveillance - now with the added justification that they need
to protect "their people" from those NSA paramount villains. As I just
said in another message, this is also fuelling the arguments for a
UN-based governance of the Net, while many of us keep saying that all is
just fine and we do not any new form of coordination etc.

Surveillance, BTW, we already have, abundantly, by the telcos who
provide our broadband services, for money reasons or otherwise.

--c.a.