From:
"Carlos A. Afonso" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carlos A. Afonso
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2013 09:31:31 -0300
I think there is a beneficial consequence of all this. BTW, the
"technical community" is a bit mute on all this (no, this is not the
beneficial consequence :)).

The benefit might be a strong move on the part of key countries to
stimulate the development of national infrastructures to keep
cloud/storage/routing/mirroring systems physically within their
boundaries. In LA&C there is a more significant move now to finally
build regional IXPs and fiber rings to minimize traffic exchange through
the evildoers, to host cloud services in the region etc etc.

Of course in some countries there is stronger talk of the UN, ITU
getting in -- and they see this a wide open opportunity, as most of the
ones who do not want this keep saying the way the Internet is run today
is just fine, and these events opened up many minds to understand that
no, this is not just fine.

frt rgds

--c.a.