From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2014 09:35:19 +0300
On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 04:07:07PM -0400, Sam Lanfranco ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> One overarching issue has to do with how much ICANN support and
> involvement does NCSG want. Is it is an issue of trust, of
> efficiency, or of optics that suggests that little be hosted on
> ICANN servers?

Yes. Historically trust (and "optics" as you put it) has been a big
factor there, but efficiency is also relevant, in particular that
ICANN tends to move somewhat slowly and their staff, while
compenetent, doesn't always understand our needs or don't have the
resources to provide the flexibility we'd like.

--
Tapani Tarvainen