From:
"Carlos A. Afonso" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carlos A. Afonso
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:55:49 -0300
Well, I see here more of the argument that everybody does it, so relax.
Not so.

The USA NSA case is far broader, with massive historical and
state-of-the-art expertise, with resources, power and leverage to peek
into the entire Internet, including the processing and storage power to
do brute-force capturing and analysing of information which no other
country does. And are massively investing much more to go even deeper.

In Brazil until at least 2002 they operated a full satellite station in
Brasilia (no reason why it is not still operational somewhere), and in
the 90s they had Brazilians trained by CIA and the FBI, including
members of the Federal Police, to work for them -- to the point that FHC
(initials of the former president just before Lula) became know as
FHCia. One of the chief officials involved wrote his "confessions" years
later -- there is abundant info on this. Today all of our satellite
systems remain in the hands of transnational corporations, having been
privatized by FHCia in the 90s. All security/state/military sat
communications go through foreign-owned sat channels.

Please do not lose time saying that Brazil or France or Zambia or...
also do it in order to play down this extremely serious situation. The
USA league on this is a league of only one. The Brits may only compare
in the James Bond movies...

fraternal regards

--c.a.