From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 10:59:19 -0400
Hi,

Happy to hear that the EC is meeting on this.  Though I do remind you
all EC decisions need to be vetted by the membership.

The easiest decision is that the NOTA, despite what wikipedia may say,
functions as it always did in NCSG Council elections:  as as a candidate
marker and any candidate who does worse than NOTA does not get elected.
Has never happened and is likely not to happen this time, but at least
the possibility means that the election is not just a symbolic cover for
our inability to find enough people willing to stand for election.

Since people can vote as often as they like clarifications do not spoil
the vote as once can revote their ballot given their better understanding.

avri

On 22-Aug-16 10:45, Tapani Tarvainen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 02:41:31PM +0000, Mueller, Milton L ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
>> Let me also remind you and Tapani that elections are explicitly part
>> of the NCSG EC’s responsibilities. They are not decisions that
>> Tapani can take unilaterally. Let’s hear from the EC as a whole on
>> this; perhaps you need to convene as a group. Better do it quickly
> I already called for the EC to handle this. I'll let you all know
> of the outcome.

---