From:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2016 19:56:50 -0700
At 12:47 AM +0000 8/8/16, Mueller, Milton L wrote:
> [...]

So at least I'm not misreading things that increased policy-making
influence by governments at ICANN is something to worry about.

I'm still trying to understand how GAC is not multilateral *internally*.

Is the danger that GAC want to inject multilateral dynamics into ICANN by
sneaking in through the multistakeholder door?  And basically turn ICANN
into an equivalent of a multilateral policy-making process?  Except more
powerful because GAC would end up creating "consensus" policy that becomes
universally applied globally rather than national opt-in?  So you're saying
that existing multilateral precedents are all basically opt-in, but this
would take multinational policy and step it up to an instance of actual
"world government" in a sense?  And that is not what is meant by
"multilateral"?

Maybe I'm just getting hung up on the MLM/MSM terminology...