From:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2014 08:41:23 +0200
Hi Joy

I’m glad Lee did this, as it’s not COE’s normal procedure at all.  We suggested they try it at our meeting with them in London.  We also agreed to propose a follow up event for LA.  It’d be good to have our own position on paper prior.  Since the paper may have screwed Thomas’ campaign for GAC chair he should have more time in LA :-(

Cheers

Bill

On Jul 8, 2014, at 6:21 AM, joy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Avri - thanks for sending the link through - sorry it has taken me a
> while to get back on this, I've been away from the office a while and
> it's taken a while to catch up ....
> Thanks also Milton for your blog post about the paper - I agree with
> most of your comments.
> There are quite a few recommendations in the paper - was there any
> discussion at the ICANN 50 meeting about an NCSG response? I note that
> some of the points and recommendations in the paper were previously
> covered in a submission by NCUC on new gTLDs in 2013 and it would be
> worth connecting to that work in any follow up (which I am happy to
> volunteer to help with).
> Cheers
> Joy
>

> On 7/07/2014 3:51 a.m., Avri Doria wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Council of Europe triggers debate on ICANN & Human Rights
>>
>> http://www.coe.int/t/informationsociety/icann-and-human-rights.asp
>>
>> Is on line and open to comments.
>>
>> avri

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org
[log in to unmask] (direct), [log in to unmask] (lists),
  www.williamdrake.org