From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2014 12:42:16 -0400
Hi,

After a few weeks of missing the meetings, I am trying to catch up.
Figured it was a good opportunity to give NCSG an update.

<https://community.icann.org/display/PIWG/Attendance+log+-+Policy+and+Implementation+Working+Group>

NCSG is only at 30% attendance, then again no one except ALAC has done
better than 50% attendance.  I have got to try harder.

--- Docs:

<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/48348715/Deliverable%20I%20-%20PIWG%20-%20updated%2024%20July%202014.doc?api=v2>

This documents is pretty good at giving an idea of where the thinking is at.

<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=48348715&highlight=GNSO+Processes+-+16+July+2014.pdf#Next+Meeting-attachment-GNSO+Processes+-+16+July+2014.pdf>

Is also interesting.

<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/41899490/PI%20Proposed%20Working%20Definitions%20-%20FINAL%20as%20of%202%20April%202014.doc?version=1&modificationDate=1397164979000&api=v2>

Defines the terms as the group is attempting to use them

--- Among the issues:

In addition the PDP (policy development process), and the IRT
(Implementation Review Teams), the group is looking at recommending the
creation a:

- Policy Input Process (PIP)
The Policy Input Process is modelled on the approach that has been used
for various efforts such as input to the ATRT2 and Board request for
input on the Whois Review Team recommendations. This process is intended
to be lightweight to allow the Council to respond in a timely manner,
noting that the outcome has no binding force

- Policy Guidance Process - A fast Track PDP

- discussing the appropriate board response to the various mechanisms.

---

It is always helpful to have comments from NCSG members who have the
time and inclination to do so.  Enriches the contributions to the WG.

avri