From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2014 18:19:14 -0400
Hi,

Adma's note seems to be reasonable.

5/30 is way down from half, their normal portion of Ig seats, and if
that will allow them to accept and support the transition process, I do
not see it as harm.

I hope the CG remains a non-voting group.  But even if they don't, it is
not a controlling vote.

As for scope, I think it should remain broad enough to cover all of the
IANA transition related issues that have been discussed in the lead up
to seating the CG.

For example, I think the scope has to include the discussion of how the
links to the transparency process are set?  What are the milestone
dependencies?  And I think it needs to include the question of whether
all the accountability in the world by ICANN can replace the explicit
oversight of an authority that can grant/deny a contract or contract
renewal.  And if not, then what would be the appropriate equivalent
mechanism post transition.

avri