From:
Klaus Stoll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klaus Stoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 09:38:36 -0400
Hi,

I am sorry but I am a little bit confused.

First, it has been established that NOTA votes have now foundation in
the Charter, but that is is a addition that was thought would be useful
and has become now a habit, but has no real legal status in the charter.

Now this is ignored by saying that if there are more NOTA votes then
actual votes, voting has to start again, which gives the NOTA vote a
legal status and actual effect that is not anchored in the charter.

Did I understand this right? If yes, we should stick with the
interpretation that the NOTA vote is only an indication but has no legal
weight. If we give NOTA votes legal weight and it happens the NOTA votes
will require a re-election, in this case we open the door to every kind
of legal objections. It is not a good idea to try to define the legality
of votes and try to establish rules during the election process now.

The current process is flawed, we need to fix it before the next
election, BUT we can not start defining the rules during the election
itself and also we can not give precedence the weight of a principle
established in the charter.

Fully committed to help work this out.

Yours

Klaus