From:
Wendy Seltzer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wendy Seltzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2012 04:16:28 -0400
Hi NCUC,

As we discussed Tuesday, a drafting team met yesterday to write a letter
to privacy commissioners and organizations, noting our concerns with the
privacy implications of the RAA draft's WHOIS data collection and
retention requirements, and inviting them to send comments to the ICANN
Board.

Thanks especially to Kim for getting us started, and to Joy, Avri,
Rafik, Sam, and David for help revising. It's drafted on behalf of NCUC,
as that was where we held principal discussion, but of course NPOC is
welcome to join as well.

The next step is to send it to Privacy Commissioners and privacy
organizations, with a cover note if you have direct connections.  I'll
keep a list of contacts we've made (and you can invite them to let us
know if they've sent comments, so we can track).

Thanks!
--Wendy