From:
Niels ten Oever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Niels ten Oever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2015 13:33:45 +0200

Please let me add my voice to the choir of thankful voices to Rafik :)

Thanks a lot for your great work, for welcoming Article19 in the NCS
and helping me/us find my/our feet here. I've enjoyed your
North-African passion combined with Japanese precision. You have been
crucial for making the work on the CCWP-HR possible. And I am very
much looking forward to continue to work on that with you.

As Tapani said during the meeting with the board, he has big shoes to
fill, but I am sure he will do a great job.

It's a pleasure working within the framework of the NCSG with so many
capable and knowledgeable people around.

Best,

Niels

*Da:* NCSG-Discuss <[log in to unmask]> per conto di Rafik
>>> Dammak <[log in to unmask]> *Inviato:* giovedì 22 ottobre
>>> 2015 10.03 *A:* [log in to unmask] *Oggetto:* my
>>> last day as NCSG chair
>>>

>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I am sending this last email as NCSG chair , since my term ends
>>> with the last day of Dublin meeting. Tapani is officially the
>>> NCSG chair after the ICANN board session this afternoon, I wish
>>> him good luck and keen to offer him my support for the coming
>>> months.
>>>
>>> I wanted to thank all NCSG members who trusted me for  2 years,
>>> also the NCSG officers. I really enjoyed serving in such role
>>> and hoped to do more things. I could do some things, not
>>> succeeding on others and some that I couldn't do yet. I trust
>>> Tapani will do more and being successful to reach the goals he
>>> set, following his strategy and get inputs. He needs all our
>>> support and help for the challenges ahead.
>>>
>>> My focus was to improve the operational side of NCSG like
>>> membership management, being able to influence more policy by
>>> regular submitting public comment, and more important being
>>> able to engage our members and let them more involved in policy
>>> making process, to communicate and collaborate with other
>>> groups and communicate better about NCSG activities.  That was
>>> built in what my predecessors did and I am passing this now to
>>> the new chair. I will also make a self-evaluation and
>>> self-criticism in timely manner.  I did the hand-over with
>>> Taapni and everything should be ok. You will also receive
>>> details of recordings of NCSG sessions in Dublin meeting and
>>> there will be follow-up.
>>>
>>> of course, I will continue my involvement and will be happy to
>>> support our members on my personal capacity and respond to your
>>> questions.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Rafik Dammak
>>>
>>> former NCSG chair
>>>

>>> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or
>>> entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
>>> and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
>>> dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or
>>> taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
>>> persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
>>> prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you
>>> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
>>> and delete the material from any computer.

>> Esterhuysen Executive Director Association for Progressive
>> Communications [log in to unmask] www.apc.org IM: ae_apc

- --
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9