From:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 2015 12:32:51 -0400
As you may be aware, a hardy few of us have been participating in the
WHOIS conflicts with law volunteers group, a non-pdp that was set up to
see if it could improve the implementation of the WHOIS conflicts with
law policy.  Documentation on this is available here
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/whois-conflicts-procedure-2014-05-22-en.
The working group has been quite fractitious, and Christopher Wilkinson
has already insisted on tabling a dissent or appendix with his views on
our inability to achieve concensus.  I just sent my own dissent (does
not cover all the aspects of this that I find problematic, there just is
not enough time in the world) but it makes a coupld of points he does
not address.  If anyone is interested in endorsing it, there may be a
way of doing that. However, the main report of the working group is
going to be released today, and I will be launching into drafting our
comments (unless someone else wants to grab the pen, if so please do!!)
The working group has a wiki, links to our work can be found here
https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-12-12-en.  I will forward
the link to the full report once it is published today. Please join us
in crafting the response to this, I will start a pad shortly as soon as
we see the final report.
Kind regards,
Stephanie Perrin
NCUC