From:
"Mueller, Milton L" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mueller, Milton L
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2015 02:02:32 +0000
Avri,
This is quite an unsatisfactory explanation.
Paragraph 224 is part of an enumeration of ICANN's _Core Values_.

There is a BIG difference between a core value that says merely "we will follow the advice of governments and publilc authorities"  and an advice that says, "we will follow the advice of governments and public authorities as long as it is not inconsistent with our other fundamental commitments and core values."

Because we are talking about _ICANN's_ core values and mission, it goes without saying that GAC does not and need not accept responsibility for making sure that its advice is consistent with ICANN's core values and mission. It is, of course, ICANN board's responsibility to accept that responsibility. But the language you have proposed makes it clear that ICANN's board is NOT accepting that responsibility. You really let them off the hook.