From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:51:24 +0100
On 22 Aug 2012, at 10:34, Andrei Barburas wrote:

> Two or more domain names can share the same IP address and not every domain/site has a unique IP address. As for the Internet working without the DNS, it is true when you refer to IPv6, not IPv4.

the Internet worked before DNS and I expect it would work without it, thought there would need to be some set of mechanisms for turning structured human intelligible names into the structured  digit based names commonly referred to as numbers (aka addresses).

it is true as we still don't know how to route on urls, we still need a mechanism to translate between the names we humans are comfortable with and the names that the software is designed for.

not sure why this is not the case for IPv6 as well.

avri