From:
"Andrew A. Adams" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew A. Adams
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 08:42:24 +0900
This (Canadian) Globe and Mail article includes details of Beckstrom's recent
statements against UN oversight of ICANN.

(Sorry for the tinyurl indirect link, but otherwise my mail handler munges
long URLs.)

http://tinyurl.com/38m78m2

My opinion: could ICANN really be any less nimble given how glacial it is at
introducing innovative ideas? Perhaps more international oversight could
pressure ICANN into prioritising the real needs of users and less the
concerns of staff which may or may not coincide with user needs.

--
Professor Andrew A Adams       [log in to unmask]
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration, and